Our client, the world's leading independent end-to-end IT service provider, is seeking to a System Manager to add to their growing team. This Direct Hire role performs analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation, and on-going administration of non-routine or smaller computer systems and local area networks to ensure efficient functioning of all systems. Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Oversees set up of user accounts on company servers and runs necessary system backups to ensure that company systems are secure and updated.
- Evaluates vendor products in terms of company needs to ensure that appropriate and relevant products are obtained while maintaining cost effectiveness and company efficiency.
- Interacts with end uses to determine software and hardware needs in an effort to provide support in a time manner.
- Manages activities of systems administration staff to ensure that employment decisions are efficient.
- Plans, designs and upgrades networks to ensure that applications support and maintain information systems in the company.
- Serves as a contact for vendors of application products and services; investigates sources of equipment and services and reviews and renews contracts for systems support, services and products to ensure that products and services are relevant and match company standards and specifications.
- Coordinates with product development, telecommunications, database administration and web systems administration staff to enhance communication among various functions to improve overall efficiency.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of application development administration experience
- Five or more years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience working with company objectives and strategies
- Experience working with technology involved in systems applications, PC networks and usage of company internet system
- Experience working with software, systems, applications, and network markets
- Experience working with systems infrastructure including hardware configuration, operating systems and networks
- Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software and other related technologies
- Good organization and decision making skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Good communication skills to communicate with subordinates, vendors, customers and management
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain formal and informal networks
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.