Our client, a large financial services organization with a strong presence in Portland, Maine, is in the process of hiring a Senior Manager, Customer Operations to join their team.
The Head of Customer Operations (Senior Manager) is responsible for daily operations of the contact center and payment investigation team, as well as developing and executing strategies and innovations in support of ongoing growth. Responsibilities include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement. Emphasis is on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, and coaching and development of associate team. Performance metrics include call efficiency, low abandonment rate, staffing utilization and acceptable turnover. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development, enhancing employee engagement, knowledge, skills, and morale.
This is a highly visible and complex role since the candidate will be required to support and work with executives and users across the entire organization. The successful candidate must be a passionate and proactive visionary in driving processes. In addition, the candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, quality-minded and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that engages, mentors, develops, and guides team members.
- Manage, coach, and provide leadership to supervisors and staff to achieve goals with an emphasis on continual learning and professional development
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable goals, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and associate development,
- Effectively manage Quality Assurance (QA) program fostering continuous improvement and exceeding Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance,
- Proven experience managing metrics and associate performance while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and continually evaluate for improvements to effectively organize responsibilities, including projects, efficient training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision,
- Assess and coordinate analytic, strategic, and technical resources to meet service expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Partnering with IT, Dealer Services, and other Customer Contact to continuously evaluate business processes and current marketplace best practices to ensure we provide the most satisfying experience to our customers.
- Work with technical support to maintain and continuously improve the CRM platforms and telephony systems we employ and seek out the most current and effective solutions to optimize our service levels
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to understand company initiatives and products and reflect those outcomes in scheduling and training
- Establishes customer service goals and supports results through best practice leadership and management principles by identifying and supporting the service drivers that provide an outstanding customer experience
- Develop and propose new ideas to continually improve customer service levels to ensure that company programs are highly differentiated and 'best in class'
- At least 10 years Contact Center experience
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a team(s) of both Exempt and Non-Exempt associates
Successful candidates will have strong leadership skills and the ability to thrive within a changing environment and lead their team through transitions and growth.
Compensation will include base salary and incentives as well as a strong benefits package.