Our client, an integrated health system consisting of eight local hospitals systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies and over 19,000 employees, is seeking to add a Senior Security Engineer (Privacy & Security) to their growing team. This Direct Hire position is the third level of a three level career path.
The Senior IT Security Engineer, under limited supervision, is responsible for the proper design, implementation, management, and monitoring of the technical security architecture, processes and systems. This position is responsible for giving technical guidance and operational leadership to IT Security Engineers and other IS Technical security staff. This position is also responsible for developing and conducting a comprehensive risk based technical security and compliance audits within, or across technical corridors. This senior level position requires both a strategic and tactical focus, with strong technical and compliance knowledge including, but not limited to, network, platform, and application security technologies as well as, HIPAA, Security/Privacy, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, NIST based security and risk management standards, and industry best practice security standards. Other activities may include developing, implementing and managing security policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- FortiNet and Check Point experience preferred
- 5 years of IT experience in complex environments with extensive knowledge of computer networking and platforms, including (but not limited to) network operating systems; firewalls; intrusion etection/prevention systems; wireless security including wireless intrusion prevention systems; web proxies; vulnerability scanning technologies; VPN's; Windows and Unix-based platforms; identity management; IT incident response; and network architecture.
- Professional certification in technical security or within a relevant networking or platform technology.
- Strong working knowledge of application security concepts from a secure coding, secure design, and ongoing change management and monitoring perspective.
- Demonstrated level of organizational skills necessary to support business and process analysis, project planning and definition, and process implementation in moderate to complex environments.
- Mentoring skills.
- Able to lead others to complete project and/or team goals.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to overcome obstacles across technology and process boundaries.
- Articulate effectively both in written and oral form, and collaborate with multiple teams regarding security and privacy obligations and duties.
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.