The Business Project Manager embodies the core values of our client:
• Every single interaction is important and meaningful and demonstrates responsiveness to employees and customers
• Creates an inspiring, passionate culture in the spirit of teamwork
• Empowers creativity to bring forward innovative solutions, relentlessly striving to improve what we do
• Operates with respect and integrity in every way earning the trust of employees and customers alike
Job Location: Brunswick, ME
Job Summary / Objectives:
The primary objective of the establishment of the Business Project Manager is to ensure that initiatives core to our cleint’s growth strategy are approached in a standard, coordinated manner to reduce risk and improve delivery performance through the application of industry standard program and project management processes and disciplines.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Business Project Manager provides leadership, organization and coordination adhering to all PMO established standards to support our client’s key initiatives, accomplished by way of program/project planning, governance and project management disciplines. The Business Project Manager ensures all projects adhere to best practices and standard PMO approaches for program and project management. He / she will manage change and will promote the continuous improvement of project management-related processes. The Business Project Manager requires excellent communication and organization skills and will guide project stakeholders in defining project scope and ensuring the effective utilization of resources. Finally, the Business Project Manager oversees all aspects of project planning, requirements gathering, scheduling, work planning, communications, issue resolution, cost tracking, forecasting, financial reporting and change management.
Must-Have Talents and Demonstrated Experience:
• Highly knowledgeable and experienced in program level and project management best practices, agile, scrum methodologies and techniques (based on the PMBOK Guide principles) to provide leadership, oversight and support to project managers and project sponsors.
• Ability to propose, implement and lead a structured change management process.
• Must possess a minimum ten years as a business project manager in complex environments.
• Must have experience leading large, complex, business and technical project implementations and cross functional Teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of PMLC and System Development Life Cycle Methodologies and best practices.
• Must be knowledgeable in project quality assurance and risk management processes.
• Ability to influence others to manage their projects in accordance with project management best practices and our client’s Level-10 requirements.
• Ability to lead disparate projects by way of collaboration with project leads and sponsors.
• Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately report on project progress and outcomes to the Leadership Team and Executive Committee.
• Ability to quickly develop an understanding of complex projects, inter-relationships and situations across all areas of the organization.
• Ability to foresee downstream project-related risks and issues and remediate accordingly.
• Ability to manage financial and human resources in accordance with best practice and the organizations policies, procedures and delegations.
• Proficient in communicating across all levels of management (written and oral).
• Demonstrated experience in reporting financial and operational project-related metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Bachelors degree in business, finance, technology or related field required and a Masters degree preferred.
• Project Management Institute PMP certification is required.
• Fluent in Agile Methodologies, Scrum with experience using Confluence, JIRA Tools, Smartsheets preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop project delivery credibility through planning, coordination, execution and reporting on time / on budget project delivery.
• Excellent management skills, including the ability to supervise multiple disparate project teams.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
• Fluent in project budgeting, tracking and reporting.
• Strong collaboration with Finance and IT to establish budgets and affordability targets.
• Ability to track and report project delivery performance and performance to budget.