Our client, a provider of customized solutions to the investment management industry, is seeking to add a Lead Application Developer to their growing IT team. This Direct Hire position will be responsible for development, maintenance and administration as part of a team and will serve as the technical lead coordinating the work of multiple developers.
- Development, maintenance and administration as part of a team supporting advanced software systems that serve mission critical needs
- Deliver projects as technical lead coordinating the work of multiple developers
- Ensure a high level of quality in all stages of software development from planning through implementation
- Write and maintain design documents and user documents geared to effective and accurate communication
- Perform all responsibilities in a professional manner
- Follow all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and report any potential or perceived violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications (Personal, Educational, Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in commercial software development
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software development environments
- Extensive experience creating detailed technical requirements and structured work items for other developers
- Ability to deliver promised results on deadline in a fast-paced environment both by working independently and by leading and coordinating a team of developers
- Significant experience dealing with mission critical data such as financial markets data or retail credit data
- Experience optimizing data models, ETL processes and workflow
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.