Our client, a 3rd generation, family-owned, well-established company is seeking an experienced General Manager to add to their team. This position will report to the Owners and will run the day to day business operations.
Successful candidates will have experience within manufacturing and retail responsible for planning, organizing, and directing systems. Will work with existing and implement new policies and procedures to ensure that profit goals are met through a smooth-running operation that supports the delivery of products and exceptional service to our customers.
Essential duties include:
- Working collaboratively with the Owners to set the overall Company strategy and direction, and then lead the implementation and execution of that strategy.
- Maintaining knowledge of market trends in the industry, and ensuring the Company maximizes its market share through competitive advantages.
- Overseeing Sales, Manufacturing, Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance and Safety.
- Ensuring that customers’ expectations are being exceeded with respect to customer service, product availability, and delivery.
- Reviewing business improvement activities, costs, operations, manufacturing, and sales forecast data to manage Company progress toward budget goals and objectives.
- Monitoring operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to manage operational costs and maximize net revenue.
- Resolving operational, manufacturing, facility, employee and customer issues.
- Interfacing with the Owners on all capital improvement projects and overseeing implementation.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a closely related field, or the equivalent in closely related work experience
10+ years of progressively responsible experience at a management level in product manufacturing and/or wholesale and retail sales with multiple locations.
Proven leadership, sales management, and customer service experience.
Experience working in a family-owned business preferred.
Ability and desire to be a “hands-on” manager as well as a strategic thinker.
Compensation for this role will depend on relevant experience and includes an excellent benefit package.