The primary objective of the establishment of our client’s Business Analyst is to ensure that initiatives core to our client’s growth strategy are approached in a standard, coordinated manner to reduce risk and improve delivery performance through the application of industry standard program and project management processes and disciplines.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Business Analyst provides leadership, organization and coordination adhering to all PMO established standards to support our client’s key initiatives and projects. The Business Analyst will drive all requirements gathering, scope definition, workflow design and financial analysis and reporting in an effort to streamline business operations. The Business Analyst ensures all projects adhere to best practices and standard PMO approaches. He / she will manage change and will promote the continuous improvement of business analytical functions and related processes. The Business Analyst requires excellent communication and organization skills and will be a key liaison amongst project Team members and key stakeholders. Finally, the Business Analyst oversees all aspects of requirements gathering, planning, communications, issue resolution, testing, cost tracking, forecasting, financial reporting and change management.
Must-Have Talents and Demonstrated Experience:
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in best practices, agile, scrum methodologies and techniques (based on the CPAB principles) to provide leadership, oversight and support to their project managers and project sponsors.
- Highly experienced in system design, breaking down workflows and developing system-test plans, along with cost and benefit analysis.
- Experience as a business analyst in the defining and planning of call center operational functions and content needs.
- Strong background in budgeting and financial analysis, the ability to forecast and a strong understanding of performance indicators.
- Ability to develop business use cases with the capability to prioritize project requirements and create associated mockups.
- Must possess a minimum ten years as a business analyst in complex environments.
- Experience conducting cost-benefit analysis and strategic business process modeling.
- Ability to lead in creating and managing a structured change management process.
- Must have experience with large, complex, business and technical project implementations working with cross functional Teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of PMLC and System Development Life Cycle Methodologies and best practices.
- Must be knowledgeable in project quality assurance and risk management processes.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately report on project progress, reporting and outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of complex projects, inter-relationships and situations across all areas of the organization.
- Ability to foresee downstream project-related risks and issues and remediate accordingly through the development of risk mitigation plans.
§ Proficient in communicating across all levels of management (written and oral).
§ Demonstrated experience in reporting financial and operational project-related metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field required and a Master’s degree preferred.
- CBAP certification is preferred.
- Fluent in Agile Methodologies, Scrum with experience using Confluence, JIRA Tools, Smartsheets preferred.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and technical writing), and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop project credibility through on time reporting and on budget project delivery.
- Excellent management skills, including interfacing with multiple disparate project teams.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving proficiency skills and a willingness to go above and beyond to find the solution.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Fluent in project budgeting, tracking and reporting.
- Strong collaboration with Finance and IT to establish budgets and affordability targets.
- Ability to track and report project delivery performance and performance to budget.
- Strong understanding of technology and understanding of analytical skills with a proven background in analytics is a plus.