Our client, an innovative not-for-profit health care organization offering high-quality, affordable health care and coverage to the people of Maine and throughout New England, is seeking to add a Business Intelligence Data Architect to their team. This Direct Hire role will utilize standard data manipulation tools as well as the Cognos and Tableau presentation layer tool sets.
As member of the Information Architecture team, the BI Data Architect is key to the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the data warehouse; data marts, staging and archival databases through the life cycle: from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL architecture and code development, and on through implementation and maintenance.
- Architect, design and develop enterprise data warehouse, data mart, operational and other miscellaneous components required for BI applications using stored procedures, functions, views, and other ETL Tools as appropriate.
- Assist BI Reporting team in the design of database solutions. Work with business owners and business users to understand and translate user requirements into practical data models
- Define and prepare conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- At least three years of experience writing T_SQL code and procedures
- Familiarity with SSIS or other ETL tools (such as Informatica)
- Three years’ experience in data warehousing, including experience working with ETL processes, OLAP structures and dimensional modeling
- Prior experience building data warehouses and maintaining SQL Server databases
- Skilled in T-SQL programming with SQL Server 2016 and SSIS
- Experience with metadata management concepts, change management/version control concepts
- Familiarity with formal process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Formal data modeling experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to gather and communicate requirements
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.