Our client, a private non-profit organization, is seeking an experienced Accountant in this newly created role. The Accountant is a highly responsible administrative position providing the agency with accurate, timely bookkeeping and accounting support including payroll, accounts receivable and payable, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and cash flow management. The Accountant also provides administrative support for other office functions, including contacts maintenance and management, office supply inventory, files management, and management of office space. The Accountant operates according to client's bylaws and policies, and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and under the general guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Director.
- Record accounts receivable for various grants/projects
- Prepare invoices for accounts payable
- Accurately record monthly credit card expenses, ensuring proper backup for all charges
- Support all check runs, including gathering approved vouchers and preparing checks
- Process cash receipts and loan payments
- Process payroll and bi-weekly time sheets
- Performs monthly closing procedures
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Maintain contacts management database records
- Purchasing, ensuring compliance with federal procurement standards
- Provide office management support as needed
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated careful attention to detail and superior accuracy in work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as a part of a team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business or other related discipline from an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of accounting experience, to include fund accounting.
- Nonprofit, state, federal funding.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.