We are honored to be partnering with Southern Maine Agency on Aging in their search for a Chief Operating Officer to add to their leadership team.
Southern Maine Agency on Aging has been growing steadily since 2021 and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. SMAA is looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, helping lead dynamic program teams, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals.
Southern Maine Agency on Aging (SMAA) is committed to positive long-term outcomes for older adults and their caregivers. They empower older adults, adults with disabilities and their caregivers to live to their fullest potential by providing services, resources and information. At SMAA, they believe that a supportive and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels valued and heard, is key to shaping organizational culture and advancing our work with underrepresented and diverse communities.
The COO must be a leader who is able to help others at SMAA deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful COO will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to SMAA’s mission. While it is essential that the COO bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, is it also critical that the team retain the creative, innovative, client-centered culture that has been true to SMAA since its inception.
SMAA’s COO supervises the Agency’s day-to-day operations and programming, and is responsible for superior clinical service delivery, new partnerships that generate revenue, and an inclusive and equitable culture that aligns with SMAA’s guiding principles. The COO is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs to older adults and caregivers in our community. The COO will inform the CEO of all program issues and accomplishments, and be responsible for all activities related to personnel, licensure, finance and contracts. The COO will partner with peers, including the CFO and the Chief Advancement Officer, to advance the Agency’s mission.
This position requires an analytical mind, superior communication skills, and strong leadership. the successful candidate must believe in the guiding principles of SMAA and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in scaling a multi-site organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
Procedures and Compliance
- Oversees the Agency’s business plan and ensures SMAA’s goals and strategy are met
- Develops and implements policies for daily operations
- Establishes rules and culture to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in daily Agency activities, including productivity goals and workplace policies
- Develops, implements and monitors budgets for programs. Creates contingency plans when goals are not met
- responsible for ensuring that SMAA’s services are in compliance with all federal, state, funding, certifications, and licensing requirements
Goal implementation and business processes
- responsible for all program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing.
- responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the chief financial officer and CEO.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of SMAA
- Set annual targets in all service areas and monitor regularly.
- Lead a high performing team of regional and program directors to the next level by further developing and implementing recruitment, training, and retention strategies.
Service delivery and quality improvement plans
- Ensures services delivered are high quality, measured regularly, and implements changes as needed
- Safety procedures are followed by staff and volunteers
- Leads a high performing team of program directors and managers by further developing and implementing appropriate training and professional development opportunities. Helps equip staff with the skills and supports to do their job; ensures that programs meet quality assurance standards.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of SMAA by being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
Generating growth in fee for service revenue
- Responsible for researching and implementing new feefor-service programs for SMAA
- Provides oversight, direction and monitoring of program development
- Ensure the continued financial viability of SMAA’s programs through sound fiscal management. Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the CEO and staff.
- Partner with the CEO to represent SMAA with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals
- ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Capacity Building—ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Leadership and Organization-exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- Solid educational background—undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree highly desired
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a CEO and board of directors.
- Can point to tangible examples of reporting and program measurement and evaluation. Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Passionate about SMAA’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of SMAA to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel 25 percent of the time to provide on-site leadership for operating units and programs across York and Cumberland Counties
The COO will be a strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a CEO and board of directors.
Salary for this role will depend on experience and compensation includes full benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Dana Woodbury, Recruiter at ProSearch – firstname.lastname@example.org