Temporary Remote Employee Relations Consultant
Hourly Rate: $25/hr
2 years of Employee Relations experience preferred
Are you a creative problem solver with the passion to help others? If so, then this is the job for you! In this remote role, you will be a trusted advisor, providing support to leaders, employees, human resources, and business partners. This role will also have you contribute to the support of designated human resource practices across the organization.
- Offer timely, creative, and relevant advice, guidance, and recommendations to influence and support business partners, employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Balance the needs of the business and employees while mitigating risk and ensuring compliance with employment legislation.
- Review, finalize, and provide guidance on written documentation such as performance plans, warnings, memos, and documented discussions, ensuring clarity and precision.
- Support leaders during difficult discussions.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate tracking and documentation of each case in the case management system.
- Possess a good understanding of compliance legislation to support leaders.
- Develop effective partnerships with managers/employees, human resources, and business partners to ensure effective resolution through collaboration.
- Provide reporting on Employee Relations matters, interpret data, assist with audits, and make recommendations for positive changes in the work environment.
- Participate in Human Resources/Employee Relations projects.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and communication of new standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience, with a focus on employee relations for at least 2 years.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation, trends, and practices.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- High degree of judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to remain respectful and diplomatic in difficult situations.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative and creative problem-solving approach.
- Commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as technical proficiency in Human Resources Systems.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply! Join a driven team focused on promoting a positive work environment.