Our client, based in Greater Portland, is seeking an experienced Accountant to join their team to analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts daily.
- Reconcile third party processes (ATM, credit cards, shared branching activity, bill payment, CUSO Mortgage, FHLB, etc.).
- Weekly posting of accounts payable, research discrepancies, run checks/payments, file and organize AP invoices/statements.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reconciles income statement and balance sheet accounts, posts adjustments as assigned.
- Assist with accurate month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting. Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Establish and process prepaid and fixed asset items.
- Process exception items, ACH entries, and balance wire transfer activity.
- Prepare unclaimed property remittance to the State of Maine, Vendor 1099’s, etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience within a financial services organization preferred.
- Two plus years of similar or related work experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP and credit union accounting procedures and reporting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Preferably experience with Microsoft Access.