Director of Partnerships
The Director of MAINE Partnerships will be a highly motivated professional who can manage economic development projects in Maine, become an expert on Maine’s economic development opportunities and represent the organization at trade shows and conferences both in Maine and outside the state.
The primary duty of this position is to help new companies invest in Maine and employ Maine citizens. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for private company investment and providing clients with the tools they need to be successful while supporting the SVP in project management. Additionally, a strong desire to be a part of Maine’s economic development network and the ability to apply relationship management, market research, data mining, and information management skills to further the organization’s mission is of the utmost importance for success in this role.
- Work closely with the President and Senior Vice President of Operations to lead and assist full cycle client support.
- Learn and understand economic development opportunities throughout the state that include opportunities for early-stage companies and more mature companies.
- Conduct relationship management, data research, and information gathering to companies seeking expansion or relocation opportunities.
- Represent the organization at in state and out-of-state events with the goal of finding new clients and projects.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Mine and translate data and market intelligence into insights for targeting business investment opportunities, convey Maine’s competitive position, and monitor project progress.
- Create comprehensive reports that help companies understand the benefits of investing in Maine.
- Communicate findings using visually compelling graphics and clear explanations.
- Create and maintain a metrics dashboard to provide insights into economic development progress and regional competitiveness.
- Conducting all facets of data search and information gathering for companies seeking expansion or relocation opportunities.
- Ensure data and resources are centrally housed, regularly updated, and accessible.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, data science, business administration, economic development, another relevant field, or other relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of business support organizations within Maine.
- Experience working within an economic development organization or experience in a position with a strong emphasis on economic development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of various scales.
- Experience using business intelligence, data visualization, and subscription services for data mining.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Team player mentality and experience in collaborative environments
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, and other appropriate applications.