As an Android developer, you will need to be familiar with the Android ecosystem and mobile app development, including familiarity with popular app frameworks and software development best practices. Your duties will include maintaining existing codebases, including bug fixing, as part of a team while following all coding guidelines and industry best practices.
- Designing and developing apps for the Android ecosystem
- Creating tests for code to ensure robustness and performance
- Fixing known bugs in existing Android applications and adding new features
- Working with external software libraries and APIs
- Working with design and QA teams to turn design templates into working apps
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, application performance, or a related field preferred but not required. Experience can substitute.
- Solid understanding of common programming tools and paradigms, such as version control, use of frameworks, and common design patterns
- Proficiency with Android Studio tools
- Source Control (GIT)
- Excellent knowledge of the Java and Kotlin programming languages
- Familiarity with mobile applications and development, including the use of hardware
- Comfortable working as part of a cross-functional team and with code written by others, including bug fixing, and refactoring legacy code
- Automated testing
- Location and Bluetooth services
- Encryption experience
- CI/CD Processes
- Project tracking via Atlassian or similar
- Realm Database
- 5-6 years’ directly applicable experience
- Past Garmin, satellite comms, mapping or locations experience highly desirable
Pro Search is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.