Our client, a distributor in Southern Maine, is seeking an Executive Director of Finance to join their Executive Management team.
The Executive Director of Finance will report to the President and assume a key role in shaping the company’s strategy as well as the overall management of the company. The Executive Director of Finance will lead and have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting/budgeting, strategic and financial planning and analysis, risk management, legal, insurance, property management, treasury, deal analysis and negotiations, and institutional (bank) financing.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensures credibility of the Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Evaluates and advise on the impact of long-range planning initiatives, business activities, the introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with the members of the Executive Management team as well as other leaders in the company to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions.
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets, consolidation, and reporting to the Company
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Performs risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and operations.
The successful candidate will excel at structuring ways to break down complex business and finance problems into digestible components and is a data-driven decision-maker. They will be results-oriented with a high level of integrity and dependability and a strong sense of urgency.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles preferably within the CPG distribution industry
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
Salary will depend on experience. Compensation also includes a bonus and generous benefits.