As a trusted advisor and critical leader, the CFO is accountable for leading and executing the finance functions of the organization in conjunction with the CEO and senior leadership team.
The CFO provides thought leadership and strategic vision for the financial future of the company by driving short and long-term financial planning and strategy and delivering on long-term financial goals.
The CFO is accountable for all finance functions and financial direction, financial monitoring/oversight, and budget preparation/monitoring. This position will work cross-functionally throughout the organization to ensure the integrity/transparency of the company’s revenue, cash management, accounting, financial reporting, and budget/forecasting.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing the systems, procedures, and relationships related to operational and financial planning, reporting, accounting, financing, taxation, audit, compliance, legal, and insurance.
To be effective, the CFO will need to establish an intimate understanding of the Company’s people, operations, customers, and suppliers and be able to constructively plan for, critique, and support key operational initiatives.
Strategy, Planning and Management
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
ESOP Plan Administration
Leadership and Management Competencies
Successful candidates for this CFO role will have strong integrity, communications skills and excellent analytical aptitude and appetite. They will possess an owner’s mentality and have a steadfast commitment to the success of the company.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business.
- An MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.
- CPA desirable, but not required
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a CFO, with a company $50MM or more in annual sales.
- 15+ years accounting or finance experience
- Prior M&A, strategic planning, and executive leadership team experience is required.
- International finance and account experience preferred.
- One who has managed a financial and accounting team of no less than (5) individuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP, percentage completion, and completed contract accounting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system. Systems implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – Infor Syteline or Cloud Suite Industrial experience preferred.