Our client, a regional operation, is seeking a Controller for their Northern Maine division. This Controller will be based in the Bangor, Maine area.
The Controller develops budgets for divisional consideration by region leadership, oversees and directs accounting operations within a few cost centers under multiple divisions of the company.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes to ensure reports are entered and completed on time.
- Works with the Assistant Controller to identify and correct inconsistency in reporting within specific accounts or as related to mapping of database activity.
- Assists Regional Controller with overall compliance in the performance of controls and the accuracy of the financial statements and compliance with the company’s principles and standards, SOX and GAAP.
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements and filing to align with guidelines of GAAP.
- Measures cost and control through annual operating budgets in order to stay on task and within guidelines of manufacturing needs.
- Develops, executes, and manages control systems to ensure company integrity and regional distribution inventories.
- Communicates with the accounting team and other departments to engage in future planning as well as ensuring all current functions are meeting their financial and operational goals; creates clear goals for direct reports to provide accountability and feedback.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses of the organizations' finances and prepares reports to facilitate decision-making.
- Assists in budgeting and cash management activities as well as oversees audits of policies to preserve the organization’s assets.
- Manages and provides leadership to team members by effectively communicating, establishing clear goals and objectives, coaching team members on achieving goals, and ensuring access to training and development opportunities that assist employees in attaining the necessary skills to achieve team and corporate results.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws regarding employment and employee safety.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other related field, 8-10 years of responsible leadership experience in management or a supervisory position, 8-10 years of experience in an operational environment, and be legally eligible to work in the US. A Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel quarterly as necessary.
An advanced degree, certifications in techniques for process improvement, specialized training in accounting or finance, and experience and/or interest in an environmental and/or sustainability field is preferred.
Outstanding relationship management, coaching and development skills, a solid understanding of the solutions business and industries, and knowledge of a safe working environment are needed. A strong understanding of planning, processing, and manufacturing service contracts and a demonstrated knowledge of strategic economics, budgeting and accounting principles are expected.
Salary is very competitive, and compensation includes a generous bonus and excellent benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.