Our client, a local retain organization is seeking a Payroll and Accounting Specialist to add to their team. This role will report to the VP of Finance and will perform a variety of tasks within payroll and accounting operations.
- Checking timesheets for accuracy
- Entering data into databases and spreadsheets
- Handling direct deposit requests and data
- Processing paper checks for distribution
- Processing wage garnishments
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization
- Collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports to senior-level managers
- Review financial information and documents quarterly and annual basis at the direction of the VP, Finance
- Assist in the preparation of tax documents for employees
- Handle general ledger bookkeeping as assigned
- Data entry in both payables and receivables
- Look for and provide solutions for accounting irregularities
- Manage client accounts and payment schedules
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Knowledge of payroll, garnishments and benefits distribution
- High school or equivalent education
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting Preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting or payroll experience processing multi state payroll
- Knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt to change and take on more responsibilities
Successful candidates will have strong attention to detail, ambition, passion, initiative, ability to adapt and have competitive spirit and desire to learn and grow.
Salary will depend on experience. Compensation includes full benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.