Our client, a construction management company in Maine is actively seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to add to their growing team. The CFO will be responsible for a wide range of activities that support financial operations and will report to the President and CEO.
Successful candidates will have at least 10 years of experience in a related position, be professional, have a can-do attitude, and the ability to multi-task.
Duties include but are not limited to including:
- Establish and lead all core finance functions of the company. Reporting and accounting efforts to include manage auditors, regulatory compliance including joint venture, vendor and financial audits, federal and state tax filings.
- Ensures that all aspects of the organization's revenues, expenses, investments, and programs are well analyzed, reported on, and understood by management and the Board, with appropriate actions recommended to ensure that the annual financial plan is achieved.
- Manage payroll and accounts payable.
- Able to implement structured working capital management.
- Establish, manage and report financial results, KPIs, metrics and other strategic initiatives.
- Provides expertise, forecasting, and paths to expansion by providing accurate information.
- Completes financial reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis with accuracy and speed.
- Manages risk; responsible for A/P, A/R, performs net revenue analysis, internal and external audits.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring cost efficiencies.
- Initiate continuous improvement objectives and embrace technology enhancements.
- Coordinates a collaborative annual budget process.
- Reviews and coordinates tax work papers, filing requirements, and updates.
- Reviews and provides guidance on capital expenditures and investments.
· Manages and mentors project accountants.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Finance, Accounting, or other related areas
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in related position.
- MA or MBA required; CPA preferred
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for areas of responsibility, direct supervision of staff, resolve differences regarding agency policies, communicate with a wide variety of agency staff and outside professionals and resolve supervisor/employee problems.
- Work effectively as an individual and as an integral part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.).
This is an excellent opportunity to lead finance for a well-established, rapidly growing organization with great benefits and a strong culture.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.