Our client, a large, regional energy fuel and service company is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to add to their growing finance team.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the monthly closing process and related reporting. They will prepare and maintain financial records to track assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other related financial activities accurately and timely. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP as part of the closing function.
- Act as primary resource for G/L reports created post-monthly closing.
- Assist in maintaining the general ledger system.
- Understand and assist with sub-system interfacing to the general ledger system.
- Assist FP&A group with Budget vs Actual cost center analysis as well as forward budgeting process.
- Process monthly and year-end closings.
- Reconcile accounts assigned on a timely basis.
- Prepare, review and analyze various financial and statistical reports.
- Provide back-up support for various accounting functions, as assigned.
- Assist Operations staff with various accounting related matters regarding inventory, accounts payable and other financially related topics.
- Assist with auditors by providing accounting records and other source data preparatory to external audits/requests for information.
- Assist with various statutory filings – unclaimed property, retail gas reporting, etc.
Successful candidates will have at least 3 years of accounting experience working with an automated general ledger/business enterprise system. Public accounting experience would be ideal. Must have strong knowledge of GAAP.
A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field is required.
Salary will depend on experience and compensation includes full benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.