Our client, a manufacturer in Westbrook, is seeking an experienced General Manager to add to their growing team.
The General Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company, including planning, organizing, and directing systems. They will have a strong understanding of production processes and workflow with a tremendous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Will work closely with the COO and has direct supervision over the Operations Manager and the Production Manager. The General Manager will work to ensure communication and efficiency of the team and workload.
A successful General Manager should be able to give accurate data on all processes involving the operations of the company, working with existing and implement new policies and procedures to ensure that profit goals are met through a smooth-running operation that supports the delivery of products and exceptional service to our customers.
- Working collaboratively with the Owners to set the overall Company strategy and direction, and then lead the implementation and execution of that strategy.
- Overseeing Sales, Manufacturing, Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance and Safety.
- Ensuring that customers’ expectations are being exceeded with respect to customer service, product availability, and delivery.
- Reviewing business improvement activities, costs, operations, manufacturing, and sales forecast data to manage Company progress toward budget goals and objectives.
- Monitoring operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to manage operational costs and maximize net revenue.
- Resolving operational, manufacturing, facility, employee, and customer issues.
- Interfacing with the Owners on all capital improvement projects and overseeing implementation.
- Working to develop leadership skills of senior management to improve overall accountability and expectations
- Hardworking and self-motivated; with ability to work at a fast pace with high accuracy and minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead with professionalism and fairness; requires ability to differentiate between professional and personal relationships with co-workers
- Ability to communicate with other team members and management concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Responds and follows through with detailed instruction from management.
- Ability to manage time effectively, be motivated and organized.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to client needs and changes in production scheduling
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Personal integrity
- 5 years or more in operations management, manufacturing industry preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is preferred.
Salary will depend on experience. Compensation includes full benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.