Our client, a manufacturer in Westbrook, is seeking an experienced HR Generalist to add to their growing team.
The Human Resources Generalist carries out all functions of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department and provides support to the management team. The position assists with the implementation of policies and processes in employee relations, recruitment, training and development, retention, payroll, benefits administration, state, and federal compliance and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains all employee records in the HRIS system and personnel files. Retains records in accordance with state and federal document retention requirements. Ensures labor law postings are current and compliant with state and federal standards.
- Administers employee benefit programs and educates employees on aspects of the company's benefit programs.
- Process payroll to ensure all payroll entries are accurate and submitted in a timely manner. Understands proper taxation of employer-paid benefits and process garnishment calculations to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Responds to employee relations matters such as employee complaints and harassment allegations in conjunction with the President. Assists managers and supervisors in drafting disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes information, and makes recommendations to the management team for continuous improvement and development.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Manages workers' compensation claims and provides guidance to managers regarding the work of restricted employees.
- Onboards new employees assists with any VISA questions and tracking.
- Conducts orientation and facilitates professional development/training for employees and managers.
- Recruiting for open positions including, screening job applicants, interviewing, and coordinating with headhunters. Verifies references and processes background checks. Establishes and maintains relationships with company partners such as NIT, Goodwill, Paths, etc.
- Leads safety efforts in partnership with Operations. Actively participates in safety committee meetings.
- Works with Union leaders to ensure union contract terms are being met.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition and wellness programs.
- Assists in employee event coordination and quarterly bulletins and memos building company culture.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to employee and company information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in a Human Resources capacity minimum. Background in employment law or other government compliance regulations is preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with a diverse workforce desired.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with HRIS.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment and decision-making that is consistent with company standards and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communications.
Successful candidates will have strong HR management experience, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and will have spent time working in a manufacturing environment.
Salary will depend on experience and includes full benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.