Our client has an immediate opening for a full-time Human Resource Administrator for their Portland, Maine office. This position is responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations of Human Resource Payroll and Benefits in addition to recruiting, new hire orientation, employee relations, performance management, workers compensation, employment files, training, and compliance.
- Handling all aspects of Payroll and HR administration for to over 70 employees in 7 locations throughout Maine.
- Responsible for an accurate, timely, payroll process. This includes time collection, processing of payroll, appropriate payroll deductions.
- Coordinates and assists with the recruiting process including job postings, interviewing, background checks, reference checks, and selection in collaboration with Supervisor/Manager.
- Centralized HR contact for employees and supervisors regarding policy interpretation, performance management, and employee relations.
- Acts as the company liaison with new and current employees providing new hire orientation and benefits enrollment as needed.
- Leads and coordinates internal employee communications.
- Acts as the liaison between employees and its employee benefits providers (health, disability, retirement, etc.) sharing information, answering questions, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date employee records and files.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and communicating all policies and procedures related to Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits.
- Additional responsibilities and projects will be assigned based on skills, experience, and schedule.
- 1-2 years of experience in payroll administration.
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resource management including recruiting, new hire orientation, employee relations, performance management, worker’s compensation, employment files, trainings, and/or compliance.
- Able to work independently. Self-motivated. Self-starter.
- Proven administrator, clear communicator, and team player.
- Ability to manage routine responsibilities both efficiently and accurately.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Solid technical skills including payroll, HRIS and Microsoft Office
- Some travel to various center locations required.
- Prior experience in fast paced healthcare environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.