We are seeking a full-time Executive Assistant and Grants Coordinator in our Portland, Maine office. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy; arranges conference and Zoom calls.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in handling requests for appointments and telephone calls.
- Reviews and responds to daily internal/external mail and overnight packages; sends and receives faxes.
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence and memoranda, E-mails, and faxes, using individual initiative and as assigned.
- Proactively establishes, and maintains highly organized filing system, files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates CEO’s calendar and schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
- Meets and greets visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Coordinates travel arrangements; completes expense reports and processes invoices; ensures that correct account codes are used and required signatures obtained.
- Coordinates meetings with board members, grant organizations and others as needed, including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving, and preparing facilities, setting up zoom video conferences, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Prepares work agreements and proposals and maintains appropriate records and files.
- Coordinates grant work including obtaining internal information to support grant submissions (e.g. patient data, center specific data), maintaining grant calendar in coordination with CEO and grant writer, maintaining grant files, and typing and mailing thank you letters to funders.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Expertise with a variety of online platforms, including Zoom, Doodle, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.