Our client, based in South Portland, is seeking a Sales Order Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to join their team and work onsite. This position is part of the administrative team which carries out a variety of roles for the company including Administrative Support, Accounting, Order Processing, Human Resources, and Payroll. This position also interacts with the Service, Sales and Marketing teams to set up new customers, process orders, and assist with marketing efforts for the company.
- Order processing of new orders
- Batch processing of unit and repair jobs for review and distribution to Managers
- Sales reports and logs
- Answer phones and handle the duties of the receptionist as needed (breaks, lunch hour, projects, etc.)
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Manager as needed including daily deposit, credit reference requests, following up on receivables, assisting customers who call to make payments over the phone, ask invoice questions, or need copies of invoices, etc.
- Provide the Business Administrative Manager with administrative support related to HR, Accounting, Insurance, Training, Drivers & Vehicles, IT & Phones, Safety, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Manager/Sales Team with sales and marketing support as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Carry out the duties of the Receptionist on days off, both pre-planned and unscheduled absences
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Traits:
- Detailed, thorough, checks own work, reads paperwork and instructions carefully
- Understands confidentiality and can keep information secure; may work on sensitive items related to payroll, accounting, HR, benefits, etc.
- Team player, willing to pitch in and fill in and do whatever is needed
- Efficient worker, focused, manages time and priorities well
- Persistent with good follow-through; does not let things linger; keeps track of things to follow up on
- Smart, capable, and a quick learner
- Positive and friendly demeanor when answering phones, greeting guests and working with coworkers
- Driven, gets things done, wants to take on more tasks as time allows; Asks what else they can help with
- Sees a need and brings it to the attention of their manager; sees small needs (ex: replenishing items) and takes care of them; strives to improve things like processes by making suggestions if they think there could be a better way
- Easy to work with, approachable, good attitude, takes direction well from others
- Flexible, can shift priorities as needed
- Must be able to work flexible hours onsite working either 7:30am-4:30pm or 8:00am-5:00pm as needed to cover phones, including the occasional short notice for schedule changes, as well as occasional overtime as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must arrive on time for work daily and have minimal callouts
- Some basic accounting knowledge desired; HR, Benefits, Insurance knowledge would be helpful