The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the monthly closing process and related reporting. The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other related financial activities accurately and timely.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance to GAAP as part of the closing function.
- Maintains systems for accounting and control.
- Assists with the month-end closing.
- Organize, update, and compile financial reports.
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Resolves daily interface exceptions.
- Reconcile accounts assigned on a timely basis.
- Track both the supplier payables and customer receivables for the company by performing any necessary data entry and report generation, and preparing monthly reports on the status of accounts while maintaining an accurate day-to-day ledger.
- Verifies and confirms payment of assign prepaid invoices associated with insurance and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts and reconciled at month-end.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform the annual audit.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Post daily sales and monthly cost of sales on select markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ prior accounting experience working with an automated general ledger/business enterprise system is required.
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
Other Attributes Required:
- Investigative technique, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Commitment to maintaining systems for accounting control.
- Actively engage and be accountable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
An Associates’ Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field is required.