Our client, a leading manufacturer in Central Maine, is seeking an experienced Controller to add to their team. This role is open due to retirement.
The Controller will report directly to Ownership and will be responsible for all the accounting processes, financial transactions, standard costing, payroll and financial reporting functions at their two manufacturing plants in Maine.
The Controller will partner with the General Managers at each location to ensure the accuracy of periodic results and the existence of a strong internal control environment at each site, especially as it relates to inventory.
The Controller provides direction and support to the bookkeeping, production, sales, and dispatch teams to improve, automate, and simplify current accounting and reporting processes to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Business Analysis: Performs analyses of business performance versus budget and forecast and proposes improvement actions.
- Validates accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing regular reconciliations, with an emphasis on inventory quantities.
- Information and communication: Provide information to ownership by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations on a timely basis.
- Internal control and documentation: Ensure processes and controls are designed and implemented. Maintains proper audit trail and documentation for future tax/internal/external audits and reviews
- Management of Inter-company transfers and other transactions between multiple entities.
- Management of Customer Credit Management, Controls, and Collections.
- Banking and Risk Management controls, analyses, and relationships.
- Benefit Management Relationships and Recordkeeping
- Payroll Processing & Human Resources Management and Recordkeeping.
- 401(k) – Fiduciary & TPA Relationships and Recordkeeping
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field with a minimum of 5+ years of experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Finance and business control knowledge and experience with manufacturing or construction.
- Experience managing or working knowledge of internal controls.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Basic risk management knowledge.
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting software and other analytical applications (GP Dynamics, Management Reporter, Fixed Assets CS, Excel, SQL)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to interpret and communicate complex financial subjects.
Compensation will be based on experience and includes full benefits.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Controller within manufacturing or construction with strong costing experience.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.