Maine process manufacturer seeks an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to add to their team in Southern Maine.
This position plays a significant role in the finance teams’ accounting, financial analysis, and business decision support for the Westbrook location. This candidate will play a significant role in the finance teams’ delivery of financial and cost accounting services, variance and other financial analysis and reporting, period-end financial closings, preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts, and operational improvement projects.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated capabilities to partner with other members of the finance team and operations team to enhance the financial and decision-making capabilities and to improve financial processes at the site. Additionally, the candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive, and results-oriented financial professional who has proven interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Business Decision support – Provide analysis for site decision-making processes. Identify key drivers and develop appropriate analysis and reporting, including financial modeling of manufacturing costs and revenues to influence decision-making.
- Financial Analysis – Provide evaluation and analysis of actual results versus budget/forecast of elements of profitability and productivity. Develop, maintain, and present standard monthly reports on business performance to the operations team and management.
- Budgeting and Planning – Actively participate in business plan and forecasting processes, product costing, and evaluation of manufacturing fixed and variable costs. Build relationships and partner with operations to evaluate and analyze business plans and forecasts against strategic and manufacturing improvement initiatives.
- Accounting – Provide financial and cost accounting services for the site including product costing, inventory control and valuation, analysis, and support for capital investment programs. Perform monthly accounting and period-end closing functions and activities, account reconciliations, and reporting.
- Controls – Responsible for maintaining documentation and ensuring compliance with internal controls over financial reporting and accounting and business processes; act as a financial resource to other operational functions to ensure consistent application, documentation, and implementation of control objectives.
- Process improvement – Identify opportunities and lead/develop recommendations for continuous process and margin/profitability improvements.
- Other activities – Assist or lead various ad hoc project work, reporting, and other tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, accounting or finance preferred,
- CPA or another relevant advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience preferably in a manufacturing environment (cost accounting), process manufacturing, or pulp and paper industry a plus
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills, detail-oriented
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of integrated information systems (SAP preferred)
Salary will depend on experience and includes a full benefits package
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.