Our client in the Greater Portland area is seeking a contract QA Automation Engineer. The ideal candidate has excellent communication, people, and team skills, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and 5-7+ years of experience leading testing, troubleshooting, documenting results, and resolving issues to deliver quality products and training. Experience with Cypress test automation is strongly desired.
- Develops and executes formal plans, procedures and scenarios for manual and automated testing to ensure quality of software applications
- Plans tests, writes test cases/scripts, automates test cases and executes tests
- Documents and tracks test results, defects and other quality metrics
- Develops and implements quality standards and best practices, contributing ideas and effort toward continuous improvement
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong testing skills and skilled in all testing types and knowledge of testing techniques used in Iterative and Agile projects
- Proven ability to test all facets of software application functions and operation.
- Proven knowledge in use of tools like: HP Quality Center, Selenium, or Test Complete
- Knowledge of automated testing using HP Quick Test Professional, Test Complete or other automation tools
- Basic SQL knowledge, which will allow for efficient data validation
- Health Benefits
- 401K and ESOP Eligibility
- Contractor Social Events
- Networked with companies including startups, small, medium, and large throughout Maine and across the country!
- Whether you’re looking for your next consulting assignment or want to stay “in the know” with new opportunities, join our network and maximize your potential for landing that next exciting assignment. Let’s Get to Work!
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing, and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran, or handicapped status.