Our client, a hedge-fund administrator, is seeking a Fund Accountant to add to their team. This portfolio accounting position is a hybrid role fusing accounting and finance skills, and would be responsible for the following:
- Record and reconcile all portfolio and fund activity for assigned clients
- Calculate the fund’s net asset value (NAV) adhering to industry standards and internal procedures
- Allocate profit and loss to investors including the calculation of management and performance fees
- Process and record fund expense payments and ensure cash wire requests are completed accurately and timely
- Generate and deliver fund and investor reports to fund managers and investors of assigned clients
- Prepare and deliver supporting materials as necessary for board meetings, financial statements and audit and regulatory requests related to assigned clients
- Communicate with internal and external entities on fund accounting matters and assist in issue resolution
Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with the types of investments and strategies held by hedge funds
- Must be able to learn complicated concepts quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential, advanced Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and filtering) are a must.
- Demonstrates superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with portfolio and investor accounting systems, in particular Advent Geneva World Investor a plus
- Experience working in an environment with internal control procedures, operating procedures, workflows, control checklists, and other elements of an internal control system a plus
- Experience with financial reporting, information security and client, vendor, and risk management a plus
- Four-year college degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Economics.
Successful candidates will take pleasure in work well done and work well with others. This role is currently being done in a hybrid situation partly in the office and partly remote.
Salary will depend on experience and includes excellent benefits.
ProSarch is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.