ProSearch is excited to be partnering with Community Dental in their search for a new Chief Executive Officer. Community Dental improves the lives of children and adults in our communities by providing needed, accessible, comprehensive, quality oral health care.
This CEO will be responsible for providing overall guidance and direction to the organization for strategic, operational and administrative activities to assure the success of the organization in realizing its vision and achieving its mission of community service in the changing oral health environment. Serves as the representative of the Board of Directors in the daily operation of the organization, the recommendation and implementation of overall policy, and the development of a management team of highly qualified and motivated individuals to carry out the objectives of the organization. Leads fundraising activities to secure supplemental revenues. Plans, formulates and coordinates the development and execution of long-term strategic goals and objectives. Represents and actively promotes Community Dental in the community.
- Assures a superb working relationship between administration and the clinical staff to facilitate and ensure a collaborative and cooperative environment in providing patient care.
- Leads fund development activities. Cultivates community resources, including major donors.
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement in quality of care, effectiveness, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements and obligations.
- Assures compliance with Community Dental’s policies and procedures.
- Provides visible leadership in the oral health community, establishing excellent rapport with the oral health community, becoming personally involved in related organizations and serving as the organization’s spokesperson at public events.
- Assures the financial viability of the organization through the efficient use of resources. Facilitates the development and approval of annual operating and capital budgets that quantify the organization’s goals and objectives and includes a strategy to monitor implementation.
- Develops an effective management team to assure achievement of organizational goals and provide for viable management continuity. Assures a plan of organization to support and facilitate the vision and mission of the organization.
- Formulates Community Dental’s mission, vision, and long-term strategic and operational objectives; assigns objectives to staff; and counsels, guides and assists management in attaining these objectives.
- Provides staff leadership to the Board of Directors, advises on the development of policies, and carries out all policies established by the Board.
- Assures that effective communication strategies exist within the organization, with the Board of Directors and with the community, to support the organization’s vision, mission, goals and strategic initiatives.
- Manages the equipment purchase process and assures that equipment is acquired within appropriate economic resource parameters.
- Through continuing education and professional development activities, identifies and implements best practices in management and leadership.
- Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal, state, local and agency rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including but not limited to the provision of clinical dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s in Healthcare Administration or equivalent strongly preferred.
Job-Related Experience Required: At least five years of progressively responsible management experience in a non-profit or healthcare setting. Demonstrated experience in developing systems and staff to improve quality Experience should include budget preparation, grant writing, development and working with legislative and regulatory bodies. Experience in working with a Board of Directors and the United Way is a plus. Experience working with or knowledge of how dental practices function is a plus.
Successful candidates must be able to act as chief facilitator and to analyze and react appropriately to assume full responsibility for the organization. Must demonstrate good judgement and decision-making abilities and exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills. Must demonstrate effective delegation to subordinates to ensure daily clinic operations function independently without repeated intervention by CEO.
Physical Demands: A high degree of energy and physical mobility is required, including sitting, standing,
Salary will depend on experience and includes full benefits.
ProSearch is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.