Our client, an investment management firm, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join their team. This is a dynamic mid-level accounting role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance at a growing, green, socially responsible company.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the onboarding of new customer accounts within the Accounts Receivable and Cash modules, overseeing accurate and timely invoicing, collections reporting/management, and will work collaboratively with the Accounting and Asset Management departments under the guidance of the Manager of Accounts Receivable. As a small and evolving firm, the responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing.
- Supervising an AR team of three and the timely, accurate invoicing, application of payments, recognition of receipts and collection of revenue for over 200 legal entities.
- Processing invoicing and performing cash reconciliations for newly onboarded/assigned set of accounts.
- Communicating professionally to customers to resolve collection concerns and guarantee excellence in customer service.
- Reporting on AR Aging and established KPIs for the department under the guidelines of the Director.
- Collaborating across multiple departments to track, consolidate and project manage the onboarding of new AR accounts to accounting systems.
- Supervising cash reconciliation progress of multiple bank accounts to ensure timely month end close.
- Performing audits of legacy account activity and system set ups.
- Assisting the Manager in the establishment and practice of efficient procedures in support of policy and evolving practices to maintain work quality within the AR department.
- Collaborating with various departments in performing account analysis, ad hoc AR/Cash reporting, reconciliation support and other requirements to help with month end, quarter end, year end and audit requests.
- Assisting with cross-department tasks as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 3+ years of experience in GL Accounting with prior supervisory experience, preferably in investments or public companies.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Oracle ERP Cloud or other accounting ERP software programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Asana or other project management software preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with a thirst for learning.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, independent, results-oriented with the ability to thrive and grow quickly in a fast-growing company.
The role is based in their office in Portland, Maine and offers competitive pay and an attractive benefits package.
Pro Search is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.