Our client, a non-profit organization located in Brunswick, is seeking a Director of Finance to join their team. This key role is responsible for producing and analyzing all financials, and for organizing the budget process. The Director of Finance manages and maintains payroll for the 35-member organization. Additionally, they manage all IT, software, and hardware requirements and are responsible for identifying maintenance needs and for prioritizing their repair on an ongoing basis. They will be responsible for purchasing and maintaining necessary office inventory. The Director of Finance will also be tasked with Human Resource functions for the organization.
- Assumes lead for maintaining all financial and finance-related records.
- Generate accurate monthly financial reporting, including balance sheets.
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manages all insurance renewals and reporting in a timely fashion.
- Deposits and codes income as well as enter and code expenses.
- Tracks cash flow and offers analysis and explanation that supports it, forecasts budget picture monthly and quarterly.
- Ensures all QuickBooks entries are entered timely and accurately.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Coordinates and tracks license renewals.
- Assesses functionality of and maintains IT infrastructure and software.
- Identifies and completes all general organizational purchasing in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant non-profit experience with at least five years of proven success
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong management and collaborative skills.
- Well organized and strategic.
- Good judgment, ethical behavior.
- Self-starting and self-directed and meets deadlines consistently.
- Proficient with QuickBooks. Strong computer skills, knowledge of computer network functionality, and data-entry knowledge.