Our client, based in Brunswick, Maine, is growing its Finance team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller will be responsible for all financial reporting, general accounting, budget and forecasting, regulatory and tax compliance, M&A support, vendor payments, and ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate financial statements and related analysis. This leadership role will be a critical partner to the Vice President of Finance as the company continues to scale organically and through acquisition.
- Coordination and completion of month-end Close activities according to tight deadlines
- Preparation and delivery of the financial reporting and analysis to Corporate and Branch Management, US Regional office, and Group office in Europe.
- Establishing and maintaining the Company’s accounting policies and procedures for adherence to relevant GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial records and safeguarding of company assets
- Support financial audits
- Monthly actual vs. budget variance analysis and related recommendations
- Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, core employee expense reports, and all internal purchases, including capital expenditures
- Support the activities of accounts receivable to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Assist in the annual budget development process and quarterly forecasting
- Assist with the evaluation of potential acquisition targets and integration of acquired entities
- Create and monitor assessment tools to ensure acquisitions are meeting revenue and profit goals for a year post-acquisition
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive team environment
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with accrual accounting required, acquisition integration experience a plus
- Financial Management experience required
- Ability to create financial modeling and forecasting tools
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize to keep up with a quickly changing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and IBM Cognos Controller, preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite of products; Excel and Word
- Work well in a team-based office environment
- Possess ability to coach and supervise personnel one-on-one and in group settings
- Strong organizational, analytical, and mathematical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong customer service mind-set