Our client, based in Lisbon Falls, is seeking a Controller to prepare and maintain all financial records and accounting procedures for the organization and to oversee the administrative office staff. These functions include, but are not limited to, the timely preparation and submission of all applicable accounting and management reports, including all tax and employee benefit related reports. The Controller is responsible for recommending, installing, and monitoring of controls and conveying those ideas and recommendations to the President on a timely basis to ensure prudent financial decisions can be made for the organization.
- All accounting, billing, and A/P functions for the organization. Prepares internal financial reports monthly & annually. Prepare information for year-end accounting requirements.
- Supervise bookkeeping personnel and ensure that the President is alerted regarding past-due accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
- Ensure that the bank deposits are properly prepared and made daily
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas on income, expenses, cash flow, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Participates in preparation of budgets, budget reviews, proposals and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing and reporting.
- Prepares cash flow projections for the President and recommends strategies for effective and productive cash management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial policies and plans.
- Maintains the computer operations and serves as the MIS manager of the organization.
- Responsible for the administrative and fiscal management of the office, including reception, communications, and administrative support.
- Oversee management of the benefits package as well as ensuring that all programs are following government rules and regulations.
- Previous experience in all facets of bookkeeping and accounting for a company in the construction or contracting business.
- A BS (Bachelor of Science) in accounting
- 5+ years of hands-on, full charge bookkeeping and accounting experience.