Our client, an insurer who offers car and homeowners insurance to the New England area and beyond, is seeking to add two System Engineers to their growing IT team. This Direct Hire role will design, install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot information technology systems ensuring hardware and software components work properly together.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications systems and services such as personal computers, mobile devices, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, cabling, data services, and telephone system and related equipment. This work is done in alignment with published infrastructure and information security standards.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and implements procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Ensures logical and physical security is implemented in accordance to best practices and published standards for all deployed technology solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Office Productivity software such as Spreadsheet, Word Processing, and Communications software.
- Possesses demonstrable skills in one or more of the existing computer disciplines: Network Hardware/Software (Cisco switch/router/firewall/server setup and configuration), Windows desktop/server operating systems, virtualization technologies such as Terminal Server and/or VMWare, PowerShell scripting, security administration, Microsoft Group Policy and Active Directory management, data backup strategies, mobile device management, anti-virus and malware technologies and concepts, Microsoft Azure administration, deployment & management, and other related technologies.
Possesses, or must acquire, within a reasonable period of time as established by the Company, one or more of the following designations: Cisco’s Career Certifications such as the Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Certified Network Professional (CCNP); and/or Microsoft’s IT Professional such as Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.