Our client, a manufacturer based in Greater Portland, is seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing responsible for all business development, sales and marketing activities.
Successful candidates will have strong experience in electronics design manufacturing, customer-focused and must work well cross-functionally.
- Sales / Commercial
- Identify opportunities suited to the Design & Manufacturing Solutions model and ensure these can deliver required gross margin. Create Bills of Materials (BOMs) to support new and existing products.
- Provide a constant pipeline of new RFQs and new customers.
- Update prospecting pipeline and work in progress to provide a clear and visible action plan and communications strategy.
- Conduct visit activity in line with business strategies.
- Undertake due diligence during early stages of prospecting to ascertain customer requirements, financial status and credit worthiness.
- Support development of the quote model(s) in line with business strategy.
- Review quotations prior to release and present directly to the customer for acceptance and 100% conversion.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the company brand image, both internally and externally, including but not limited to web, print and presentations.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor positioning and identify and implement strategies to win additional business.
- Ensure business deliverables are in line with marketed deliverables.
- Drive the marketing and branding at industry focused events.
- Promote key differentiators.
- Significant interaction required with Senior Management Team to achieve consistency in relation to Business Structure Development & Process Development.
- Define and develop the working relationships with the Business Development Managers & Account Managers to ensure clear lines of communication and ownership of specific tasks are undertaken and implemented.
- Generate & present monthly reports to the management team providing information on current status & future expectations of business activity relating to adopted strategies.
- Ensure implementation of an accurate weekly status reporting process which can be issued in a controlled manner to both customers and staff.
- Represent at quarterly business reviews and provide relevant data for review.
- Create visit reports after each customer meeting and distribute to management and owners of relevant actions.
- Ensure communication processes are implemented that are consistent across all functions. This will be the basis of an internal open issues/actions list held on the network.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure all outstanding issues / customer complaints are handled swiftly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Define and develop an escalation process to ensure customer issues that cannot be addressed by the customer-facing team are closed out by the management team within an agreed timescale.
- Ensure customer expectations are managed in line with the ability to deliver.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Commercially astute
- Motivational with the ability be able to lead by example
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
- Calm under pressure
Education & Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical Engineering field or Business Administration.
- Proven experience in Sales Management Role
- Background in Electronics Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Product Design
- Technical understanding / competence with electronics manufacturing
Compensation will include salary and full benefits.
Pro Search is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.