ProSearch is excited to be partnering with Geiger, the largest privately-owned and managed promotional products distributor in the US, located 40 minutes outside of Portland, Maine. Due to continued global growth, Geiger is seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer to join their team.
This senior level position will play a critical role in driving the continued growth of the company.
The CHRO will be responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of Geiger and all Business Units, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, compensation, benefits, 401K, occupational health, wellness, continuous improvement, performance management training and development. The CHRO provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the organization’s overall business operations objectives.
- Establish and implement HR initiatives that improve or maintain competitive position in the markets in which it operates.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, well-being, compensation, and benefits globally.
- Provides guidance to staff and coordinates activities related to implementation of continuous improvement.
- Function as an advisor regarding talent during acquisition process.
General HR Expertise (U.S. and International)
Required Education and Experience
BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university required, MBA or MA/MS in human resource management a plus.
A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience with three to five years of international HR experience preferred.
Experience in a family-owned business preferred.
Under general supervision, perform management duties in conformance with company policies, and government regulations. Matters involving exceptions to company policies are referred to the CEO or Executive Team. Matters related to interpretations of complex employment laws are referred to legal counsel.
Supervises the HR staff. Advise and train management staff concerning employee relations and employment law issues.
At Geiger, success is what you make it. They help you make it your own. If you are searching for a dedicated company to share your ideas with, look no further. They encourage individual growth and recognize individuals for their unique contributions. If you have a strong sense of purpose and are looking for a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment – this could be a great career move.
Salary will depend on experience and will include:
- Full benefits package
- Onsite Wellness Center and onsite fitness classes
- Newly renovated, L.E.E.D. certified, state-of-the-art office building
Pro Search is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.