Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing organization in Portland, Maine. The successful candidate will be an experienced and detailed professional who loves to work at a company full of smart, driven people who will push you to deliver your best work every day. The Staff Accountant will also be results oriented and naturally curious to investigate and resolve all discrepancies and tenacious on reconciling to zero. They will be responsible for accurate and timely processing and analysis of financial transactions; and compiling the information to produce monthly and year-end financial reports that reflect the financial status of the affiliated organizations.
• Analyze the Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Audit all Balance Sheet accounts by completing monthly General Ledger Schedules. Take corrective action as needed in collaboration with the Accounting Manager.
• Close month-end General Ledger modules following audit processes and procedures.
• Process and reconcile all facets of Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables.
• Process and verify all employee benefits invoices and deductions.
• Process bi-weekly payroll to include Paid Time Off, garnishments, payroll taxes and bonus payments.
• 5+ years’ experience in general ledger accounting functions.
• Solid competence in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Creative problem solver, with ability to manage multiple priorities, and communicate well with colleagues and vendors.
• Ability to work flexible hours at end of month.