Family-owned business in the Greater Augusta area is immediately seeking a Financial Controller.
Financial Controller will work with senior management and ownership in a fast-paced, hands-on, concrete manufacturing environment. They will handle a variety of accounting and finance related tasks.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, organized and dependable team players who wants to be part of this company’s growth!
- Oversee all aspects of human resources, payables, receivables, purchases, inventory, bank loans and general ledger functions in a multi-location, multi-profit center organization.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, comparatives, projections and budgets, working closely with ownership and outside accountants.
- Monitor revenue performance (using Pivot Tables) across a range of sales channels, with an emphasis on margin enhancement.
- Monitor inventories in a highly cyclical sales environment, for both manufactured and resale goods.
- Support senior management and ownership with sales management by assisting in setting and tracking sales goals, and preparing financial information for sales meeting presentations.
- Review and evaluate vendor relationships and contracts with a goal of improving margins.
- Work with outside vendor to manage the company self-insured medical program and related loss ratio.
- Work with management and ownership to develop and then regularly report KPI’s.
- Manage company IT functions.
- Other accounting and management-related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in business-related studies desired or equivalent work experience, preferably in a Retail/Wholesale environment.
- 15 plus years' financial management experience with increasing roles and responsibilities.
- Experience with Epicor Bistrack and Microsoft Dynamics GP with Management Reporter desired.
- Strong Excel skills required. Moderate ther Microsoft Office skills desired.
- IT knowledge/experience desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal setting and performance tracking is required.
The Company offers an excellent benefits package, including 401(k), dental insurance, disability insurance, health insurance, life insurance, and vision insurance. Salary will be commensurate with the qualifications of the successful candidate.