We are working with a great Central Maine client who is seeking an IT Manager. This Direct Hire role will perform professional, technical, management and administrative work overseeing daily management of the IT staff and programs for all departments and related inter-dependent technical assistance.
- The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Coordinates with officials on sensitive projects and works with staff to resolve technical policy and procedures in matters as they arise. Frequently troubleshoots when policy questions arise, when systems fail or when there are conflicts with state and local technical officials.
- Work to ensure uptime of Information Systems and computing hardware. Schedule Information Technology Support coverage for 24/7/365, thru staffing, sub-contracting and on-call planning.
- Oversee and assist in development of Video Conferencing, Instant Messaging, Webinars, and in Somerset County and throughout its towns.
- Oversees the Telephone, Cellular phone systems, Radio and service programs. Works with department heads and managers to identify priorities, respond to requests for “phone” services and assistance.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the Graphic Information System, which includes developing, maintaining and ensuring the integrity of data, developing and maintaining a network of GIS users to exchange information/data; meeting the mapping needs of Somerset County and delivering services to the public and towns; all other GIS activities, as required.
- Assist in the development, acquisition and fulfillment of grants and funding for County wide technical projects. Assist Economic Development Corporation in technical advice and expertise to enhance and expand business
- Develops and maintains working relationships with local, regional, state and federal officials.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall success and security of IT systems within the organization. This includes equipment repair and lifecycle management, ensuring data availability and security, and backup/disaster recovery management.
- Develop governance documentation, including policies and procedures, and provide the overall IT vision consistent with state and federal guidelines and requirements (CJIS) and industry best practices.
- Define organizational uptime and disaster recovery objectives. Develop a technology plan to achieve and validate the stated objectives.
- Manage internal IT staff to provide the necessary oversight, training, and direction to ensure organizational IT objectives are met.
- Manage external IT and telco vendor contracts, performance, and projects.
- Perform hardware and software lifecycle planning and management.
- Maintains an active quality control program through metrics, KPI, and statistical reporting.
- Manage customer, vendor, and citizen feedback and incorporate into the Technology strategy as appropriate.
- Develop and track annual IT budget.
Education and Experience:
Ten years of progressively combined responsible experience in technology, planning and system management; Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Business Administration may be substitutes for two years of system management, five years of experience should be in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge. Working knowledge of the principles and practices of Information Technology planning, Virtualization, VMware, VEEAM, GIS, Telephony PBX and VOIP. Working knowledge of Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Citrix, and PC Support. Knowledge of state and federal technology rules and regulations as they relate to the above specialties and to Somerset County planning in general.
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.