Our client, a leading electronics product development and contract manufacturing partner specializing in medical devices, is seeking to add a Senior Systems Administrator to their IT Services Delivery Team. This Direct Hire role will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Primary Tier 2 escalation point for operations IT personnel; technical resource for vendor management and support issues
- Supports Microsoft and other platforms across multiple systems
- Provides direction and mentorship to junior personnel on how to diagnose and resolve production environment issues
- Provides first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of systems
- Assists other IT Operations team members with user application and end-user computing issues
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and remediation of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proactively participates in change/incident management solutions; advocates for these protocols across the operations team as needed
- Collaborate with external contractors on projects, changes and implementations when needed
- Maintain personal adherence to professional and confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical and internal policies
- Attend meetings as assigned and participate in educational activities to keep enterprise skills current to environment
- Displays cooperative behavior and interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent in demonstrable previous experience
- 4+ years of supporting a multi-site MS Active Directory and/or MS Azure AD Premium environment
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange and Microsoft 365
- Expert Experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Operational management experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on premise and via hybrid cloud environments
- Operational management experience with enterprise storage solutions;
- Expert operational knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions; such as VMware technologies
- Expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.