Our client, a Greater Portland based manufacturer in the electronics industry, is seeking an experienced Program Manager to add to their team.
The Program Manager (PM) leads New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to manage and meet customer expectations, with ultimate responsibility for on-time & on-budget project execution. This role reports to the Director of Program Management.
The PM is the primary customer contact to support all aspects of the customer account. The PM also leads internal multi-discipline project teams managing product development & production team activities, program schedules, budgets, scope and the overall metrics to meet program objectives.
- Partner with the Sales Team to develop estimates and proposals for new business opportunities as well as proposals and addendums for follow-on work with existing customers.
- Lead customer interactions for individual programs, with a strong focus on customer expectation management.
- Develop and maintain multiple project plans, schedules and meeting notes to communicate program status to customer(s) and internal teams.
- Direct and coordinate program activities (schedule adherence, program budget, plan tracking, milestones, scope changes, design-to-cost objectives, plan updates, and weekly team meetings) while leading personnel responsible for specific functions throughout the life cycle phases of program.
- Guide successful completion of projects though collaboration with Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, and outside consultants and suppliers.
- Responsible for overall coordination of all cross-functional activities.
- Continuous identification, monitoring and mitigation of project risk.
- Appropriately escalate issues to management and leadership.
- Identify and execute opportunities for continuous process improvement in product development and manufacturing processes.
- Mentor other Program Managers within the group.
- Identify innovation opportunities to add value to individual customers’ programs and products and provide value for the company, beyond defined project scope and constraints.
- Experience preferred in the electronic contract engineering and manufacturing service business.
- Experience required with all phases of new product development, from concept through commercialization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple medium to large scale projects.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project to develop schedules, allocate resources, and establish program budgets.
- Ability to motivate and inspire your teams.
- Excellent independent work ethic and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to convey business and technical concepts to a diverse customer base and to internal technical teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of teams with many disciplines ranging from management to staff to technicians.
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers.
- Demonstrated successful product launches in more than one major geography.
- Demonstrated success in meeting overall project goals, timelines, costs, resource management, and core team leadership.
- Understanding of FDA medical product guidelines and ISO 13485 concepts required.
Successful candidates will have a Technical degree, B.S. or M.S and 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing, product development role.
Salary will depend on experience and includes a generous benefits package.