Provides production application database support, including:
- database monitoring and maintenance
- database backup and recovery
- database software installation and upgrade
- creation and modification of database objects
- database performance tuning
- data migration and transformation
- data analysis and modeling
- database design and construction
- database object design and coding
- application database upgrades and patches
- database queries and views
- application query tuning
- application data interfaces
- creation and maintenance of test database environments
- development and maintenance of data dictionary
- assist in development of database applications
- development of reports
Performs other related duties as assigned, including designated duties associated with System Restoration, (SEOP) System Emergency Operations Plan.
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a client-focused IT support role.
- Must have a working knowledge of Customer Information Systems (CIS) or Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP), and billing systems.
- Expertise with Oracle or other relational databases such as MSSQL or MySQL.
- Strong experience writing SQL required, experience with PL/SQL preferred.
- Reporting expertise and experience with one or more (Cognos, TM1, SQL Server reporting services, and/or Crystal Reports) is a plus.
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.