Human Resources Manager reports directly to the President and CFO is responsible for leading company’s HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance, and staffing levels. HR Manager, also responsible for keeping the company compliant with local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous Human Resources Management at least 2 years is preferred
- Demonstrate ability to improve employee morale
- Outstanding speaking and writing skills, ability to work under pressure, and leadership qualities
- Good sense of judgment, creativity
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in ADP HR module is a preferred
- A positive attitude, self-motivation, and willingness to learn are critical to success
- Strong computer skills are a must, knowledge of Microsoft Office is mandatory, especially Excel
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Conducts recruitment effort for all workers; writes and places advertisements; works with managers to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offer; conducts new-employee orientations; conduct exit interviews
- Employee benefits management Health Insurance, Life & AD&D, 401K, and other Benefits
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program, files EEO-1, VET’s annually: maintains other records, reports and logs to confirm to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staffing meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Develops, recommends policy changes, implementation to handbook.
- Annual reports for 401K Census and compliance 5500 reports
- Workers Compensation reporting injury, annual reports and working on return to work programs
- OSHA reporting annually
- Other tasks as assigned by manager