Our client, a not-for-profit organization that operates six quality-award winning long-term care and assisted living communities throughout the state, is seeking to add a Network Administrator to their team. This Direct Hire role plans, manages, and supports the computer networking and telecommunications systems for our client.
Job Related Responsibilities and Activities:
- Manages and participates in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of networks, including network equipment, firewalls, wide area networks, and other related technology. Ensures appropriate reliability, scalability, performance, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the computer and phone networks, taking responsibility for resolving connectivity issues, for monitoring network performance and for taking preventative action.
- Maintains current and adequate documentation of the network, including diagrams, so that other IT staff and external reviewers have an overview.
- Working with the IS Director, recommends and makes purchases of networking equipment and services. Assists with budgeting and managing expenses of related equipment and services. Reviews invoices related to telecommunications and data networking.
- Working with the IS Director, establishes policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure security of network systems, proper system administration, and appropriate end use.
- Recommends, performs, and coordinates upgrades and/or conversions to network software and hardware.
- Designs, implements, and configures system backups and recovery. Assist with development and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery plans, security policies, etc.
- Manage telecom networking projects including voice/data circuit installation, operation, and monitoring. Ensure quality of service (QoS) functionality throughout network. Assist in maintaining telephone systems in cooperation with outside vendors and IS staff.
Essential Skills and Knowledge for the Job:
- Four-year degree in the field of computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent experience at the enterprise level.
- More than five years of network administration and management experience, including experience with Windows Server platforms within an Active Directory network.
- Up to date knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include experience with routers, VLANs, managed switches, firewalls, and wireless technology.
- Knowledge of current telecommunications technology and its application to business scenarios.
- Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work effectively in stressful situations.
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
ProSearch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.