Our client, a specialty goods manufacturer in Maine, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor to add to their team.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will oversee the 2nd shift manufacturing teams and process. They will be responsible for maintaining operations and a safe work environment. They will train, coach and mentor employees toward developing their skills and provide them with the tools they require to succeed. There is also responsibility for making suggestions and recommendations regarding staffing, operational issues, and other department-related matters.
- Oversee the efficient operation of the Manufacturing Lines, including safety, quality, and efficiency
- Develop skills of staff through monitoring, coaching, and training
- Ensure that production schedules and efficiency goals are achieved
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and continuously improved
- Knowledgeable of all jobs, tasks, and functions on the Manufacturing Line to be able to fully support them
- Able to operate all equipment and knowledgeable of equipment capabilities
- Daily monitoring of production standards and goals
- Monitor payroll for accuracy and adherence to policies
- Builds a cohesive team that works towards departmental and company goals
- Achieves department budget goals
- Responsible for providing direction to the Manufacturing and Warehouse staff through the management team
- Follow and enforce with staff all company policies and procedures with regard to safety, quality, sanitation, personnel, maintenance, equipment, and food safety
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week periodically as business needs require
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years in the food manufacturing industry
- Must have proven leadership skills, a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs on a regular basis daily and stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to operate electrical and manual pallet jacks and forklifts
- Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel experience preferred
Successful candidates will have experience managing a manufacturing team in a food production environment. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing, solid, and well-known brand! Salary will depend on experience.