Our client, a privately owned engineering company in Southern Maine, is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join their growing team and assist with the development of the engineers while providing top-notch products and services to their growing customer base primarily within the Brewing, Food, Dairy, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Engineer/PMs to oversee and manage technical strategy and delivery in projects and ensuring designs meet operating and performance requirements.
- Develop strategies to grow and develop the Engineering and Project management department. This includes but is not limited to:
- Mentor junior Engineer/PMs to ensure development and progress in company capabilities.
- Develop senior employees to ensure their professional and leadership skills are progressing.
- Hire/terminate employees.
- Communicate ideas that will improve company processes/increase profitability.
- Ensure Engineers/PMs have access to equipment and software tools to accomplish work.
- Develop end of year capital equipment requests for PM/Engineering department.
- Assigns work/oversees Engineer/PM schedules.
- Ensures project management and engineering information is communicated internally with other departments and externally with customers.
- Ensures Engineer/PMs are setting and meeting milestones, deadlines, objectives and goals in project work.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Previous Management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products (Controllix,FTView)
- Experience with other automation platforms (Siemens S and/or Delta V)
- CIP and COP systems
- Fluid dynamics and heat transfer systems